This past week Trevor Mackenzie, inquiry-based learning guru, re-inspired me to keep on this teaching path.  Navigating a program that is all about connection during an isolating time has been interesting, but the energy Trevor has sparked my curiosity in my own learning journey.  I thought more about inquiry questions and how inspiring it is to dive deeper into what you wonder about. I had to rethink where my free inquiry is going and now I don’t think my question reflects what I actually want to know.

Documenting a tiny home build is still important to me as it gives me a reason to take pictures and reflect on this building process, but that will just be the product. I want to share more about why we are building tiny.

Silas and I have found a common ground in questioning why society has created a norm that big houses, development, destroying landscapes and disrespecting nature to build cheap houses filled with cheap things that will all eventually end up in a landfill is acceptable. During my inquiry project, I want to find out more about how to educate the younger people through my work to rethink how consumerism, community and the ongoing issues of land ownership affect their lives and more importantly others. As Trevor says, we should be teaching about empathy more (he is a guest on this podcast here).

So, back to the drawing board… where to start researching? If anyone has thoughts, ideas or resources that might align with my new learning journey please feel free to comment below.